Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've had about 10 minutes of free time per day for the past week. I have pictures to post but the internet in this hotel is too slow to load them! The three of us have been doing afternoon and evening bird and amphibian surveys in the UP, Wisconsin and Duluth. We've been to Grand Island, north of Munising, we were in the Keweenaw for 2 days, we went to Madeline Island, and now we are on our way to Isle Royale!
We are taking a canoe and surveying some wetland sites near McCargoe Cove, Rock Harbor, and Windigo. We're in Grand Portage now and getting on the boat tomorrow morning! We'll be back on Friday and then we're going up to Thunder Bay for a couple days.
Last time I went to Isle Royale, it rained for 3 out of 4 days and it was horrible. The forecast for this week looks good. We are going to have lots of FUN!
I'll post pictures when we're back!
No comments:
Post a Comment