I probably gave the impression from my last couple posts that I am frolicking in the woods counting birds all the time. Actually, the majority of this job is spent driving. Lizzie's sites are in the suburbs of Chicago, but that doesn't really mean less traffic, it just means I don't have to parallel park anywhere (this is a major relief, because I cannot parallel park).
So, I counted the number of red lights I stopped at driving between my surveys today: 90. 90 red lights!! Not total stoplights, just the red ones. That does not include stopping for 2 trains, 2 construction zones, and too many stop signs to count.
I got up at 3:45, left at 4, and drove until 12, stopping at 10 sites for about 15-20 minutes each. Yesterday, I didn't get back until 2, so the red light count was probably way over 100.
We have to get gas in our (3) rental cars every other day or so. I could do some calculations on how many pounds of CO2 our cars are emitting, etc., but I don't think I will, because it sounds depressing.
I hope the data Lizzie gets are valuable!
You can probably guess how many red lights I had today P... less than 10 all day!!!! HAHAHAHA!! :)
ReplyDeleteDANG IT, WALTERS!!!!
Delete