Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Whirlwind tour of the Midwest

That's what my past few days have been. Here is my pathetic attempt at a map showing you where I've been since Saturday at noon (OK, I did it in a hurry). I am in Green Bay right now. I have looked for Phragmites up, down, and ALL AROUND and I have found 13 sites for my thesis work. That's it!!!!! So many of the ones I had planned on using were sprayed last fall. If only I had done my master's last year...



I even went to Drummond Island on a ferry to look for Phragmites (I actually found it there!) Can you spot my 2012 Chevy Sonic with Kansas plates? It's on the left, you actually can't see the license plate.


I start surveys TOMORROW! I have a lot to do before then.

Oops. Guess people didn't pay attention to that sign.

???? 

Also -- I have to say that while I am not a huge fan of McDonald's, they have some advantages:are everywhere and easy to find, they have internet, and they sell 3 chocolate chip cookies for $1. Also air conditioning - perfect for 3 homeless internet junkies that need to escape the afternoon heat before they can check into a grungy hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment